Thursday, April 5, 2012

Home of the white sisig



126 food haus - Valenzuela City



Anytime a friend or a relative comes to visit me here in the Philippines I always make sure to take them to a little mom and pop restaurant near my school. So far each person I have taken there has gone crazy about one of there special dishes. I don't know what other patrons call it but I call it White sisig.
I have friends that have gone back to the states that still talk about it and how much they miss it. I also had one friend order white sisig everyday for lunch his final week here in the Philippines before going back abroad. By now you maybe thinking I'm over hyping it but I can assure you it lives up to all the hype.

The first time I was introduced to white sisig was a few years back by by a girl I was dating at the time. I remember her coming over to my place with 2 plastic bags. One with 2 plastic cups of iced tea, I knew it was iced tea because half of the drink had already spilled inside the plastic bag, And the other bag  was of 2 take out containers. When I opened the container I was kind of bummed to see cream. I'm not big on creamy food but the aroma of the meat, butter, cream, and green peppers where so inviting that I had to try it. Plus I would look like a jerk if I didn't. But wow that first bite had me...at hello! 

It tasted better than it smelled. Every ingredient complimented each other, Even the rice tasted better because of it. I usually just shovel food in my mouth but not this time. I took my time and savored each bite letting it melt in my mouth and then slowly masticating each piece of meat listening to the crunch. It was culinary fore play. Now whens the last time you can say you had that?!

Well its been a few years now but I still enjoy eating at this place. The owners are very nice. they always have a smile on their face and the workers, even though they look tired from all the people packed into to the  place, they always make sure to treat you well and serve you. I remember the old place, it wasn't that much bigger than how it is right now, the kitchen divided half of the shop so you couldn't really fit to many people. I also remember Ate would personally walk up the Hill to my dorm and deliver the food herself if they were to busy. This is all you can ask for in a restaurant. Good food, good service, and great people! I'm glad 126th food Haus is such a success! 


They also have other great dishes on their menu but the white sisig is the best seller. You can also try the beef kangkong one of my other favorites from this place.

They are located at: Unit 106 MJAR Bldg. 126 Mcarthur Hwy. Marulas, Valenzuela City 1116

Check them out on Facebook at 126th Food Haus




No comments:

Post a Comment